There is boutique hiding out between the fractured, narrow store-fronts lining New Gotham’s foggy docks. Huge bay side windows offer the passerby a mesmerizing view of the wares inside. The mannequins are stitched together from scraps of mismatched human skin, but you hardly notice the gore. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous dresses with big, sparkling bell skirts and gauzy tulle trains, the kind of gowns and garments that only fairy tale nobility would wear. Behind the antique register counter, you can make out the glittering impression of ruby red slippers, glass heels, and other magical shoes. You’re starting to wonder who owns this place.
Push open the store’s shabby front door and step lightly onto its waxy polished floors. You’re greeted by a bouquet of seductive scents: cedar musk, wood polish, and fresh lavender. You take a deep breath, and the smells warm you from the inside out. Trust you’re in good hands. The brochure stand near the front door is stocked with elegant parchment pamphlets. According to the literature, the witches who own this establishment are schooled in the ways of “fabric-bending” by the Needlewitches of old.
They’ve used this knowledge to create an entire line of clothing that all share the same basic design element: one-size fits all. Each garment will magically tailor itself to its wearer once worn. Of course, there might be some fine print or some “twirling” required, but a vampire’s steady hand should turn every wardrobe change into a stolen moment. Remember, Cinderella had mice–you have the Witches-Who-Stitch.
Please provide the witches with your name:
Please provide the witches with the following:
Hair Color: Dark red
Hair Length: [ ] Short and Sassy, [ ] Medium and Modern, [X] Lush and Long
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Tone: [ ] Ghoulish, [X] Snow White, [ ] Cina-baby, [ ] Mochalicious, [ ] Dark Chocolate,
[ ] Other:
Please provide the witches with your measurements and body-type.
a.) Height: 5’5
b.) Body Type: [ ] Skeletal, [ ] Lean and Tender, [ ] Lean and Tough, [X] Ripe and Edible
Do you have any extra extremities? Place an “X” to all that apply.
[ ] Horns or [ ] Halo
[ ] 20 ft. of Hair or More
[ ] Gills and Fins or [ ] Hooves
[ ] Wings (Span: )
[ ] Tail (How many: )
How many heads do you have?
Um, the one atop my shoulders.
Do you have arms and legs? If so, how many?
Of course I have arms and legs….okay, getting it now. This is a themed store. Love the special effects magic.
How dead are you?
[X] Living, [ ] Undead, [ ] Astral Form
I am of the living.
What are you? (Species/Breed)
A children’s librarian and I’m a serious Harry Potter fan. I do a whole story series with the books. Speaking of, this place is amazing. Almost looks real. I should bring the kids here. Do you do tours?
What is the occasion? (Ideas include: Wedding, Funeral, Sabbath, etc. Oh, and seduction is a valid occasion. The more details, the better.)
Long story shortish, I have been hanging out a biker bar in town. The Four Horsemen own it and they are basically a collection of hot alpha males that would put the cast of Magic Mike to shame. And Ryker is the hottest of them all. But I seriously stick out at the bar. The girls that hang around the bar weather leather and denim and my wardrobe is filled with cardigans and turtlenecks. I need a bad girl makeover.
What’s the occasion setting? (Beach, haunted castle, grand ball, etc.)
Perdition, a biker bar, in Bulletsville, TX.
Will you be running for your life at some point in the evening? (Helps with shoe selection.)
I have a stalkerific ex who seriously can’t let go, so I’m going with a yes. I’ll have to make a hasty exit at some point. Seriously. No means no, right? You’d think he’d eventually get it and move the hell on.
Will you be set on fire? Better yet, will you be setting other people on fire?
There is at least one person I wouldn’t mind setting on fire, but I’m not a pyro so I refrain.
Will you be grave-robbing? (Dirt is a dressmaker’s tedium.)
Is your neck a dinner plate?
Hmm. Not unless Lestat is doing the biting. If only he were real…
Do you hope to be naked at some point in the evening? (All right, dirty birds. Such questions are actually intended toward the weres and shifters in regards to their transformations.)
Woah. I want to be sexy, not skanky. My clothes will be on.
Describe your last brush with Death in two sentences. (Helps us plan for the unexpected.)
Cornered by my ex at work and he creeped me the hell out. Told me if I didn’t give him another chance, I’d be “very sorry”.
Do you need a secret compartment for weapons, wands, tampons, etc.?
Yes, please! I am always looking for a place to put my books. I carry so many around with me.
What are your three favorite colors?
I love red, blue, and white.
What two colors rattle your kettle?
Please pick a style that you feel embodies you the best. If none apply, feel free to surprise us by providing your own brilliant description in the “other” slot.
[X] Rockabilly Starlet: This is for the spoonfuls of sugar. The good-natured and naughty girl next door types. Candy is the business and fairy tales are ultimate. More often than not, her head is in the clouds and her nose in the book. Our dreamers.
[ ] Leather Queen: This is for the warrior princesses. The type of girls who give boys a run for their money. Their style is killer, their kisses are murder, and they wear their jeans a little tight just watch the vampires come undone. These are hands for fighting and these heels for ass-kickings. Our protectors.
[ ] Medieval Mistress: This is for the no-nonsense girls. The ones who always know better, because they’re ten steps ahead. They’re schemers—their minds are always working. They’re not anti-social, they’re selective. Our wisdom.
[ ] Gothic Dame: This for the mysteries. No one can figure this woman out. She’s a mixture, a melting pot of sugar and sinister. She might be Rockabilly Starlet one day, or a Medieval Mistress other days. Our sisters.
[ ] Other: _____________________
Who is your favorite fairy tale villain?
Hmmm. Maybe one of the wicked stepmothers? There are so many to choose from though.
If you could be any fairy tale princess, who would it be?
I’d pick Belle from Beauty and Beast. She is bookish. And she is falling for a guy who is more beastly than prince-like.
Now, tell us the twit you hate most.
My ex-boyfriend. I think he’s trying to get me to be girl on the side or something. Like that’s going to happen! To make matters worse, Ryker wants to “handle it” and I have a bad feeling that would lead to a felony.
Anything else you’d like to add…
- -80 yards of Red Queen Satine (Imported from Wuthering Wonderland.)
- -80 yards of Standard Black Tulle
- -20 oz of Petrified Cherries (Spun into thread.)
- -30 oz of Black Bubble Dots (Crafted from food coloring, bubbles, and an iron.)
- -30 yards of Black Baby Doll Lace
- -30 yards of Standard White Satin Trimming
- -1000 yards of Twisted Thread (Imported from Rumpel)
- -2 Black Lace Garters w/ Blade Holsters (You never know.)
- -1 pair of Mermaid Net Stockings (Purchased from Goblin Market.)
- Leather and denim? Ewww. What were you thinking? You can’t wear that crap. Why? You’re too friggin’ cute, that’s why. This adorable Rockabilly dress is fashioned from Red Queen staine, a blend of stain and rose petals, imported from Wuthering Wonderland. For added volume, we’ve included built-in black tulle petticoats hemmed with fabulous baby girl lace. Mother insisted you needed more edge, so the black bubble dots were sewn on after-the-fact, and I added the bow on the back.
- Don’t worry about the fit. Each of Sinister Stitches dresses share the same basic design feature: one size fits all. Once you put on the dress, it’ll automatically tailor itself to your fantastic curves. And don’t be panicked by all the attention you'll receive while you're wearing the dress, it’s a perfectly natural side effect of the petrified black cherries used to fashion your neckline. And of course, the garters and stockings are complimentary. The garters have blade holsters—just in case—and the stockings were fashioned from supple mermaid netting purchased from the Goblin Market for ultimate comfort.
- Here’s your gift box. You’ll find a pair of lacey dot gloves, a matching mini top hat with a short veil, and “lover’s chocolates.” We don’t recommend you eat the chocolate…unless you’re ready for the ride of your life. Oh, and before I forget, the gloves were charmed by our good friend, Elsa, and they activate upon contact with male skin. What do they do? Next time you see Ryker, touch him…everywhere. It’ll be good. (Real good.)
- [X] Rockabilly Starlet: This is for the spoonfuls of sugar. The good-natured and naughty girl next door types. Candy is the business and fairy tales are ultimate. More often than not, her head is in the clouds and her nose in the book. Our dreamers.
Image Credit(s): demian1975 / 123RF Stock Photo