There is boutique hiding out between the fractured, narrow store-fronts lining New Gotham’s foggy docks. Huge bay side windows offer the passerby a mesmerizing view of the wares inside. The mannequins are stitched together from scraps of mismatched human skin, but you hardly notice the gore. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous dresses with big, sparkling bell skirts and gauzy tulle trains, the kind of gowns and garments that only fairy tale nobility would wear. Behind the antique register counter, you can make out the glittering impression of ruby red slippers, glass heels, and other magical shoes. You’re starting to wonder who owns this place.
Push open the store’s shabby front door and step lightly onto its waxy polished floors. You’re greeted by a bouquet of seductive scents: cedar musk, wood polish, and fresh lavender. You take a deep breath, and the smells warm you from the inside out. Trust you’re in good hands. The brochure stand near the front door is stocked with elegant parchment pamphlets. According to the literature, the witches who own this establishment are schooled in the ways of “fabric-bending” by the Needlewitches of old.
They’ve used this knowledge to create an entire line of clothing that all share the same basic design element: one-size fits all. Each garment will magically tailor itself to its wearer once worn. Of course, there might be some fine print or some “twirling” required, but a vampire’s steady hand should turn every wardrobe change into a stolen moment. Remember, Cinderella had mice–you have the Witches-Who-Stitch.
Please provide the witches with your name:
Erin (aka Aaron/Lady Honor)
Please provide the witches with the following:
Hair Color: Reddish Brown
Hair Length: [X] Short and Sassy, [ ] Medium and Modern,  Lush and Long
Eye Color: Depends on what I’m wearing. Earth tones make them green, Cool colors make them blue. They go icy when I’m angry and dark when I’m sad.
Skin Tone: [ ] Ghoulish, [ ] Snow White, [ ] Cina-baby, [ ] Mochalicious, [ ] Dark Chocolate, [X] Other: Fair, blush easily
Please provide the witches with your measurements and body-type.
a.) Height: 5’7”
b.) Body Type: [ ] Skeletal, [ ] Lean and Tender,  Lean and Tough, [X] Boyish and athletic (lucky for me. It allowed me to become Sir Griffin’s squire)
Do you have any extra extremities? Place an “X” to all that apply.
[ ] Horns or [ ] Halo
[ ] 20 ft. of Hair or More
[ ] Gills and Fins or [ ] Hooves
[ ] Wings (Span: )
[ ] Tail (How many: )
How many heads do you have?
Only one, that is until I lose it over Sir Griffin.
Do you have arms and legs? If so, how many?
The usual two and two.
How dead are you?
[X] Living, [ ] Undead, [ ] Astral Form
What are you? (Species/Breed)
What is the occasion? (Ideas include: Wedding, Funeral, Sabbath, etc. Oh, and seduction is a valid occasion. The more details, the better.)
I want a gorgeous dress suitable for dancing in Sir Griffin’s arms. Just once and I’ll die happy. I want him to look into my eyes and see me as I really am. (Something besides an awkward squire who has two left feet and cannot even ride a horse.)
What’s the occasion setting? (Beach, haunted castle, grand ball, etc.)
The Masquerade Ball held at the end of the tournament at Lord John and Lady Isobeil’s castle.
Will you be running for your life at some point in the evening? (Helps with shoe selection.)
It’s entirely possible. At some point in the evening, Lady Honor will need to disappear to let Aaron return in her place.
Will you be set on fire? Better yet, will you be setting other people on fire?
I’d like to set Lady Mierla on fire. I’ve seen the way she looks at Sir Griffin. She might as well forget about it if I have anything to do with it. Come to think of it, though, she did seem pretty steamed when she saw me dancing with him. Pretty sure I saw fire shooting out her nose.
Will you be grave-robbing? (Dirt is a dressmaker’s tedium.)
As a squire, who knows what I’ll be required to do.
Is your neck a dinner plate?
When Lady Isobeil figures out I’m from the future, she may consider serving me up.
Do you hope to be naked at some point in the evening? (All right, dirty birds. Such questions are actually intended toward the weres and shifters in regards to their transformations.)
Not likely (*heavy sighs here*)
Describe your last brush with Death in two sentences.
Being struck by lightning, jerked through time and landing in the middle of a cottage with a smoking fire and dirt floors was pretty harrowing. My heart nearly stopped beating.
Do you need a secret compartment for weapons, wands, tampons, etc.?
If I’d have had a place to hide to artifact, it would have come in handy.
What are your three favorite colors?
Blue, green or silver like Sir Griffin’s eyes.
What two colors rattle your kettle?
Gray or tan…too plain.
Please pick a style that you feel embodies you the best. If none apply, feel free to surprise us by providing your own brilliant description in the “other” slot.
[ ] Rockabilly Starlet: This is for the spoonfuls of sugar. The good-natured and naughty girl next door types. Candy is the business and fairy tales are ultimate. More often than not, her head is in the clouds and her nose in the book. Our dreamers.
[ ] Leather Queen: This is for the warrior princesses. The type of girls who give boys a run for their money. Their style is killer, their kisses are murder, and they wear their jeans a little tight just watch the vampires come undone. These are hands for fighting and these heels for ass-kickings. Our protectors.
[ ] Medieval Mistress: This is for the no-nonsense girls. The ones who always know better, because they’re ten steps ahead. They’re schemers—their minds are always working. They’re not anti-social, they’re selective. Our wisdom.
[ ] Gothic Dame: This for the mysteries. No one can figure this woman out. She’s a mixture, a melting pot of sugar and sinister. She might be Rockabilly Starlet one day, or a Medieval Mistress other days. Our sisters.
[X] Other: Stand by your man girl: She doesn’t stand by waiting to be rescued. She fights back to back with her man and holds her own. She can be dainty and feminine or she can be a tigress. Whatever the occasion calls for…
Who is your favorite fairy tale villain?
Snow White’s step-mother
If you could be any fairy tale princess, who would it be?
Whichever one was the best with a sword.
Now, tell us the twit you hate most.
Lady Mierla. Perfect hair, flawless skin and china blue eyes. She avoids getting dirty and I’m pretty sure she never sweats.
Anything else you’d like to add…
I want the kind of gown that will make it impossible for Sir Griffin to keep his eyes anywhere but on me.
- -1000 yards of Twisted Thread (Imported from Rumpel)
- -200 yards of Sinister Stitches Signature Fabric (Blend of Genuine Neverwinter Spider Silk and Avalon Blue Georgette Gauze)
- -30 yards of Crimson Rose Gauze (Imported from the Veil)
- -30 yards of Standard Avalon Blue Velvet Trim
- -30 yards of Standard Crimson Rose Velvet Trim
- -1 pair of Blue Garters w/ Blade Holsters and Matching Stardusted Stockings
- -1 Pixie Teeth Zipper (Purchased from Bits and Pieces; very sharp. Beware.)
- -60 oz of Dulled Pixie Dust (*Dulled means old; leave it by the fire for quick aging.)
- Merry met and welcome to Sinister Stitches. You are most welcome here, milady. We were especially thrilled to receive your request. We rarely get an opportunity to flex our historical roots. On that note, we’ve spun you a medieval inspired houppeland, fashioned from supple Neverwinter spider silk and Avalon blue georgette gauze. The billowing sleeves are designed to hang off shoulder, and they’ve been lifted at the elbow to help conceal your wound. For quick and easy wardrobe changes, we’ve fitted the gown with a zipper made from pixie teeth. Very small, very sharp---don’t rush it.
- And no, the zipper is not on the back of the dress. (Frankly, I’d like to know who the hell came up with that? Who decided that, unless you have a third arm growing up from the crack of your arse, putting on a dress was going to be an ordeal? Who did that? If you figure it out, hold them down for me—I’ll be spot on shortly.) You’ll find the zipper for the dress on the side, beneath the left arm. Easy to access. For everyone. (How it should be.)
- The dress is meant to be light and airy, so we steered away from sewing anything into the lining. Instead, we ironed a layer of dull pixie dust into the fabric for added protection against projectile and bladed weapons. (Not even Excalibur is getting through this bad boy.) As for your weapons, we fashioned blade holsters into these blue garters. Anything larger than a dagger will collapse the holster, so be careful.
- Finally, we gave you a splash of color in a veil spun out of weightless crimson rose gauze. The headpiece is meant to be pinned to your hair with these mermaid combs, but it can be detached and used as a warm sash should the need arise. Here’s your gift box. Inside you’ll find a pair of warm stardusted stockings, special “Rose Red” lipstick, and a bottle of mother’s excellent cedar and cloves perfume.
- Please note that the perfume is enchanted with a fertility spell. (We don’t advise spraying anyone but your intended beau. The consequences could be…disastrous. Like “more-suitors-than-anyone-could-ever-handle” disastrous. Good luck.)
- [X] Medieval Mistress: This is for the no-nonsense girls. The ones who always know better, because they’re ten steps ahead. They’re schemers—their minds are always working. They’re not anti-social, they’re selective. Our wisdom.
Image Credit(s): rodjulian / 123RF Stock Photo