There is boutique hiding out between the fractured, narrow store-fronts lining New Gotham’s foggy docks. Huge bay side windows offer the passerby a mesmerizing view of the wares inside. The mannequins are stitched together from scraps of mismatched human skin, but you hardly notice the gore. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous dresses with big, sparkling bell skirts and gauzy tulle trains, the kind of gowns and garments that only fairy tale nobility would wear. Behind the antique register counter, you can make out the glittering impression of ruby red slippers, glass heels, and other magical shoes. You’re starting to wonder who owns this place.
Push open the store’s shabby front door and step lightly onto its waxy polished floors. You’re greeted by a bouquet of seductive scents: cedar musk, wood polish, and fresh lavender. You take a deep breath, and the smells warm you from the inside out. Trust you’re in good hands. The brochure stand near the front door is stocked with elegant parchment pamphlets. According to the literature, the witches who own this establishment are schooled in the ways of “fabric-bending” by the Needlewitches of old.
They’ve used this knowledge to create an entire line of clothing that all share the same basic design element: one-size fits all. Each garment will magically tailor itself to its wearer once worn. Of course, there might be some fine print or some “twirling” required, but a vampire’s steady hand should turn every wardrobe change into a stolen moment. Remember, Cinderella had mice–you have the Witches-Who-Stitch.
Please provide the witches with your name:
Please provide the witches with the following:
Hair Color: White
Hair Length: [ ] Short and Sassy, [ ] Medium and Modern, [X] Lush and Long
Eye Color: Ice Blue, but when I get angry or passionate they turn orange like flames
Skin Tone: [ ] Ghoulish, [ ] Snow White, [ ] Cina-baby, [ ] Mochalicious, [ ] Dark Chocolate, [X] Other: Pale white, bloodless.
Please provide the witches with your measurements and body-type.
a.) Height: 5’4”
b.) Body Type: [ ] Skeletal, [X] Lean and Tender, [ ] Lean and Tough, [ ] Ripe and Edible
Do you have any extra extremities? Place an “X” to all that apply.
[ ] Horns or [ ] Halo
[ ] 20 ft. of Hair or More
[ ] Gills and Fins or [ ] Hooves
[ ] Wings (Span: )
[ ] Tail (How many: )
How many heads do you have?
One and I hope to keep it.
Do you have arms and legs? If so, how many?
2 arms, 2 legs thank heavens. A missing limb would be fatal to my kind.
How dead are you?
[ ] Living, [X] Undead, [ ] Astral Form
What are you? (Species/Breed)
What is the occasion? (Ideas include: Wedding, Funeral, Sabbath, etc. Oh, and seduction is a valid occasion. The more details, the better.)
Going to the opera. Because I’m a Deader, when I go out I have to wear makeup, a wig and contacts. I don’t like having to put make up on my arms. It is going to be a night in New York and though I don’t get cold, it would probably look strange for me to be wearing something sleeveless in November.
What’s the occasion setting? (Beach, haunted castle, grand ball, etc.)
A New York Opera House. Luca doesn’t really want to go, but he’s a trooper and knows how much the theater means to me, so he got us tickets.
Will you be running for your life at some point in the evening? (Helps with shoe selection.)
I never know, but since the scientists I escaped from are still out there, there is always a possibility. I hope not though. It would be nice to be able to get out for once without the threat of kidnapping.
Will you be set on fire? Better yet, will you be setting other people on fire?
I sure hope not because trying to recover from injury isn’t a pretty for a Deader.
Will you be grave-robbing? (Dirt is a dressmaker’s tedium.)
Probably not. At least I haven’t had to yet.
Is your neck a dinner plate?
No. But if something happens, my dinner could include any part of the internal organs. I sure hope that doesn’t happen though. I’m not a pretty eater.
Do you hope to be naked at some point in the evening? (All right, dirty birds. Such questions are actually intended toward the weres and shifters in regards to their transformations.)
If I’m lucky it will be with Luca.
Describe your last brush with Death in two sentences. (Helps us plan for the unexpected.)
Kidnapped by zombies who wanted to cut me into pieces and eat me then let me heal and do it again. I ended up fighting for my life and being rescued.
Do you need a secret compartment for weapons, wands, tampons, etc.?
Nope. My metal powers are all that I need. However it would be nice if I didn’t have to carry a purse full of make up for touch ups.
What are your three favorite colors?
Purple, ice blue, red.
What two colors rattle your kettle?
That’s hard because orange, yellow and brown are all right up there.
Please pick a style that you feel embodies you the best. If none apply, feel free to surprise us by providing your own brilliant description in the “other” slot.
[ ] Rockabilly Starlet: This is for the spoonfuls of sugar. The good-natured and naughty girl next door types. Candy is the business and fairy tales are ultimate. More often than not, her head is in the clouds and her nose in the book. Our dreamers.
[ ] Leather Queen: This is for the warrior princesses. The type of girls who give boys a run for their money. Their style is killer, their kisses are murder, and they wear their jeans a little tight just watch the vampires come undone. These are hands for fighting and these heels for ass-kickings. Our protectors.
[ ] Medieval Mistress: This is for the no-nonsense girls. The ones who always know better, because they’re ten steps ahead. They’re schemers—their minds are always working. They’re not anti-social, they’re selective. Our wisdom.
[X] Gothic Dame: This for the mysteries. No one can figure this woman out. She’s a mixture, a melting pot of sugar and sinister. She might be Rockabilly Starlet one day, or a Medieval Mistress other days. Our sisters.
[ ] Other: _____________________
Who is your favorite fairy tale villain?
Elpheba from Wicked
If you could be any fairy tale princess, who would it be?
Elsa from Disney’s Frozen. All my life I’ve been good. It wasn’t till I became a Deader that I found out who I truly was and now am stronger for it.
Now, tell us the twit you hate most.
I don’t really hate anyone. It isn’t in my personality. But I do feel bad for the early fairytale princesses. They were all weak and gentle and never learned to be kick ass and strong in their own right.
Anything else you’d like to add…
I’m not a vampire. I’m a Deader.
- -1000 yards of Twisted Thread (Imported from Rumpel)
- -120 yards of Scarlet Avalon Satin (Imported from the Veil.)
- -100 yards of Ghostmail (Purchase from Hercules.)
- -100 yards of Standard Crimson Silk (For undergarment/shift.)
- -30 yards of Plum Tulle (Handwoven genuine spider silk and pixie wings.)
- -30 yards of Standard Plum Velvet Trim
- -6 oz of Troll Tears (Purchased from Bits and Pieces.)
- -12 inches of Silver Clock Twine (Left over from previous design.)
- -8 Medium Victorian Buttons
- -2 Scarlet Lace Garters w/ Rose Stockings (Purchased from Glitter Grinch.)
- -1 pair of Naughty Red Bra & Panties (Ordered from Victoria’s Secret)
- Vampire or not, you're perfectly safe here, my dear. Welcome. Now, I'm double booked this morning, so let's get down to business. This elegant two piece dress suit is made out of genuine Avalon satin imported straight from the Veil. (Cost me a pretty penny. You're welcome.) The fabric has lovely glamorous sheen, and will withstand almost anything. I cut the vest with a mild dive, useful for distracting the men folk, and the large lapels have been outfitted with void pockets large enough for makeup, opera tickets, and a pair of Victorian binoculars.
- For added protection, the vest's interior has been lined with Ghostmail, which means a silver bullet or anything else moving that fast will simply pass right through you, and a knife or similar blade will bend against the material, leaving you unharmed. Consider this dress your armor. The matching plum sash was spun from pixie wings and spider silk; it feels weightless (and it's extra extra warm.) You can thank Astrid for your lovely troll tear necklace. It should render you invisible to anyone who might cause you harm. (Remove for visibility. No lingering side effects.)
- Here's your gift bag. I have absolutely no idea what's in there. Open with caution. Otherwise, have yourself a wonderful evening. You deserve it.
- [X] Gothic Dame: This for the mysteries. No one can figure this woman out. She’s a mixture, a melting pot of sugar and sinister. She might be Rockabilly Starlet one day, or a Medieval Mistress other days. Our sisters.
Image Credit(s): patriziatilly / 123RF Stock Photo