There is boutique hiding out between the fractured, narrow store-fronts lining New Gotham’s foggy docks. Huge bay side windows offer the passerby a mesmerizing view of the wares inside. The mannequins are stitched together from scraps of mismatched human skin, but you hardly notice the gore. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous dresses with big, sparkling bell skirts and gauzy tulle trains, the kind of gowns and garments that only fairy tale nobility would wear. Behind the antique register counter, you can make out the glittering impression of ruby red slippers, glass heels, and other magical shoes. You’re starting to wonder who owns this place.
Push open the store’s shabby front door and step lightly onto its waxy polished floors. You’re greeted by a bouquet of seductive scents: cedar musk, wood polish, and fresh lavender. You take a deep breath, and the smells warm you from the inside out. Trust you’re in good hands. The brochure stand near the front door is stocked with elegant parchment pamphlets. According to the literature, the witches who own this establishment are schooled in the ways of “fabric-bending” by the Needlewitches of old.
They’ve used this knowledge to create an entire line of clothing that all share the same basic design element: one-size fits all. Each garment will magically tailor itself to its wearer once worn. Of course, there might be some fine print or some “twirling” required, but a vampire’s steady hand should turn every wardrobe change into a stolen moment. Remember, Cinderella had mice–you have the Witches-Who-Stitch.
Please provide the witches with your name:
Please provide the witches with the following:
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: [ ] Short and Sassy, [ ] Medium and Modern, [X] Lush and Long
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Skin Tone: [ ] Ghoulish, [X] Snow White, [ ] Cina-baby, [ ] Mochalicious, [ ] Dark Chocolate, [ ] Other:__________
Please provide the witches with your measurements and body-type.
a.) Height: 5’9”
b.) Body Type: [ ] Skeletal, [ ] Lean and Tender, [X] Lean and Tough, [ ] Ripe and Edible
Do you have any extra extremities? Place an “X” to all that apply.
[ ] Horns or [ ] Halo
[ ] 20 ft. of Hair or More
[ ] Gills and Fins or [ ] Hooves
[ ] Wings (Span: )
[ ] Tail (How many: )
How many heads do you have?
Just the one on my shoulders. I leave the head collecting to my ambitious other half.
Do you have arms and legs? If so, how many?
Yes, a pair of each.
How dead are you?
[x] Living, [x] Undead*, [ ] Astral Form
What is the occasion? (Ideas include: Wedding, Funeral, Sabbath, etc. Oh, and seduction is a valid occasion. The more details, the better.)
I’ve promised my husband to have a word with the leshii to see if I can’t get them to make a formal political alliance with us. We’re attending a lovely dinner with a dear friend of mine who happens to live with the leshii. Not a small gathering, but not a grandiose ball either.
What’s the occasion setting? (Beach, haunted castle, grand ball, etc.)
We’ll be visiting the leshii in their forest abode.
Will you be running for your life at some point in the evening? (Helps with shoe selection.)
It is very likely. Despite my warmth for the leshii, there is always the possibility they will not find Kirill’s single-mindedness as charming as I do.
Will you be set on fire? Better yet, will you be setting other people on fire?
No. Fire will be the least of my worries among forest dwellers such as the leshii.
Will you be grave-robbing? (Dirt is a dressmaker’s tedium.)
Definitely not. My husband has very firm feelings on the matter. If there’s any grave-robbing to be done, he can bloody well do it himself.
Is your neck a dinner plate?
Do you hope to be naked at some point in the evening? (All right, dirty birds. Such questions are actually intended toward the weres and shifters in regards to their transformations.)
My body will remain in the same shape throughout the evening.
Describe your last brush with Death in two sentences. (Helps us plan for the unexpected.)
Ate a poison apple. Was locked in a glass coffin.
Do you need a secret compartment for weapons, wands, tampons, etc.?
Yes. I must be able to reach the dagger strapped to my thigh as quickly and subtly as possible. One on each side would be best, since I have not seen the seating chart.
What are your three favorite colors?
Blood, Coal, Dusk
What two colors rattle your kettle?
Please pick a style that you feel embodies you the best. If none apply, feel free to surprise us by providing your own brilliant description in the “other” slot.
[ ] Rockabilly Starlet: This is for the spoonfuls of sugar. The good-natured and naughty girl next door types. Candy is the business and fairy tales are ultimate. More often than not, her head is in the clouds and her nose in the book. Our dreamers.
[ ] Leather Queen: This is for the warrior princesses. The type of girls who give boys a run for their money. Their style is killer, their kisses are murder, and they wear their jeans a little tight just watch the vampires come undone. These are hands for fighting and these heels for ass-kickings. Our protectors.
[X] Medieval Mistress: This is for the no-nonsense girls. The ones who always know better, because they’re ten steps ahead. They’re schemers—their minds are always working. They’re not anti-social, they’re selective. Our wisdom.
[ ] Gothic Dame: This for the mysteries. No one can figure this woman out. She’s a mixture, a melting pot of sugar and sinister. She might be Rockabilly Starlet one day, or a Medieval Mistress other days. Our sisters.
[ ] Other: _____________________
Who is your favorite fairy tale villain?
If you could be any fairy tale princess, who would it be?
Now, tell us the twit you hate most.
My stepmother. She’s dead now, so I feel better.
Anything else you’d like to add…
- -60 yards of Black Troldfolk Lace (We overpaid for this. Trolls are thieves.)
- -100 yards of Neverwinter Black Satin (Imported from the Veil.)
- -30 yards of Standard Crimson Velvet
- -30 yards of Standard Black Velvet
- -30 yards of Naga Snake Skin
- -30 yards of Standard Gold Trim
- -6 Small Frog Clasps (Made with live animals. Do be careful.)
- -1000 yards of Twisted Thread (Imported from Rumpel)
- -2 Black Lace Garters w/ Blade Holsters (You never know.)
- -1 pair of Spandex Shorts (Ordered from Amazon)
- We’re both busy women, so let’s get started. Most of the outfit is black, because who goes traipsing through the forest in anything but black? The entire bodice is fashioned out of black troldfolk lace with a built-in bustier, and we included a pair of Spandex shorts beneath the matching skirt for optimal comfort and ease of movement. The black bustle and overskirt were spun from Neverwinter satin to help ward chill, and they're kept in place by gold-painted frog clasps that allow for easy removal should any of your endeavors turn...difficult.
- On that note, I've taken the time to iron the crimson velvet sash with naga snake skin for added protection against projectile weapons. (Useless against disapproving looks and brutal sarcasm.) As for your weapons, the skirt has been outfitted with several enchanted pockets fashioned from Void fabric. The pixies were a great help to me. Actually, there are so many pockets I can’t count them all. You could be a walking arsenal and no one would know the difference.
- We recommend you wear the gown with a matching black velvet cloak, and a headband of fresh flowers for a nice splash of color. Also, you mentioned that your beau is a vampire…If you’re vampire rips the dress in his quest for a hot meal, feel free to bring back the garment for repairs and mending. Free of charge. Questions will be asked. Answers are required. Thank you.
- [X] Medieval Mistress: This is for the no-nonsense girls. The ones who always know better, because they’re ten steps ahead. They’re schemers—their minds are always working. They're not anti-social, they're selective. Our wisdom.
Image Credit(s): kasanka / 123RF Stock Photo