There is boutique hiding out between the fractured, narrow store-fronts lining New Gotham’s foggy docks. Huge bay side windows offer the passerby a mesmerizing view of the wares inside. The mannequins are stitched together from scraps of mismatched human skin, but you hardly notice the gore. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous dresses with big, sparkling bell skirts and gauzy tulle trains, the kind of gowns and garments that only fairy tale nobility would wear. Behind the antique register counter, you can make out the glittering impression of ruby red slippers, glass heels, and other magical shoes. You’re starting to wonder who owns this place.
Push open the store’s shabby front door and step lightly onto its waxy polished floors. You’re greeted by a bouquet of seductive scents: cedar musk, wood polish, and fresh lavender. You take a deep breath, and the smells warm you from the inside out. Trust you’re in good hands. The brochure stand near the front door is stocked with elegant parchment pamphlets. According to the literature, the witches who own this establishment are schooled in the ways of “fabric-bending” by the Needlewitches of old.
They’ve used this knowledge to create an entire line of clothing that all share the same basic design element: one-size fits all. Each garment will magically tailor itself to its wearer once worn. Of course, there might be some fine print or some “twirling” required, but a vampire’s steady hand should turn every wardrobe change into a stolen moment. Remember, Cinderella had mice–you have the Witches-Who-Stitch.
Please provide the witches with your name:
Please provide the witches with the following:
Hair Color: Golden blonde
Hair Length: [ ] Short and Sassy, [ ] Medium and Modern, [X] Lush and Long
Eye Color: light brown/burnished gold
Skin Tone: [ ] Ghoulish, [ ] Snow White, [ ] Cina-baby, [ ] Mochalicious, [ ] Dark Chocolate,
[X] Other: bronzed caramel
Please provide the witches with your measurements and body-type.
a.) Height: 5’8”
b.) Body Type: [ ] Skeletal, [X] Lean and Tender, [ ] Lean and Tough, [ ] Ripe and Edible
Do you have any extra extremities? Place an “X” to all that apply.
[ ] Horns or [ ] Halo
[X] 20 ft. of Hair or More
[ ] Gills and Fins or [ ] Hooves
[ ] Wings (Span: )
[ ] Tail (How many: )
How many heads do you have?
Do you have arms and legs? If so, how many?
A pair of each
How dead are you?
[X] Living, [ ] Undead, [x] Astral Form*
What are you? (Species/Breed)
A sun elemental.
What is the occasion? (Ideas include: Wedding, Funeral, Sabbath, etc. Oh, and seduction is a valid occasion. The more details, the better.)
A wedding. My husband and I are going to have a formal wedding since our bonding was…private. Well, sort of private. I’m not sure how long Kirill was standing there…
What’s the occasion setting? (Beach, haunted castle, grand ball, etc.)
The royal palace.
Will you be running for your life at some point in the evening? (Helps with shoe selection.)
No. But if my husband is his usual self, I will be running for the bedroom in an attempt at having privacy when he catches me.
Will you be set on fire? Better yet, will you be setting other people on fire?
No intentionally, but it will be an emotional day and I’m still learning to manage my full powers. The fire won’t harm me, but it would be nice if it could be arranged not to harm others as well. Also, any clothing that won’t turn to ashes would be appreciated.
Will you be grave-robbing? (Dirt is a dressmaker’s tedium.)
I don’t believe so.
Is your neck a dinner plate?
No. I’m sure we’ll be getting some lovely china as wedding gifts.
Do you hope to be naked at some point in the evening? (All right, dirty birds. Such questions are actually intended toward the weres and shifters in regards to their transformations.)
Not due to any shapeshifting.
Describe your last brush with Death in two sentences. (Helps us plan for the unexpected.)
An unexpected power surge made my power flare to unmanageable levels. My husband is an incubus and he…took care of the problem nicely.
Do you need a secret compartment for weapons, wands, tampons, etc.?
No. I am a weapon and I don’t hide anymore.
What are your three favorite colors?
Blue, gold, green
What two colors rattle your kettle?
Please pick a style that you feel embodies you the best. If none apply, feel free to surprise us by providing your own brilliant description in the “other” slot.
[X] Rockabilly Starlet: This is for the spoonfuls of sugar. The good-natured and naughty girl next door types. Candy is the business and fairy tales are ultimate. More often than not, her head is in the clouds and her nose in the book. Our dreamers.
[ ] Leather Queen: This is for the warrior princesses. The type of girls who give boys a run for their money. Their style is killer, their kisses are murder, and they wear their jeans a little tight just watch the vampires come undone. These are hands for fighting and these heels for ass-kickings. Our protectors.
[ ] Medieval Mistress: This is for the no-nonsense girls. The ones who always know better, because they’re ten steps ahead. They’re schemers—their minds are always working. They’re not anti-social, they’re selective. Our wisdom.
[ ] Gothic Dame: This for the mysteries. No one can figure this woman out. She’s a mixture, a melting pot of sugar and sinister. She might be Rockabilly Starlet one day, or a Medieval Mistress other days. Our sisters.
[ ] Other: _____________________
Who is your favorite fairy tale villain?
My husband’s friend Kirill.
If you could be any fairy tale princess, who would it be?
Now, tell us the twit you hate most.
I don’t currently hate anyone.
Anything else you’d like to add…
- -1000 yards of Torch Thread (Imported from Rumpel)
- -200 yards of Dorado (Blend of Torch Thread and Sif’s Hair.)
- -30 yards of Standard Sun Goddess Trim (Outrageously expensive.)
- -12 oz of Blue Whale Bone (For comb.)
- -1 pair of Hydra Scale garters from Glitter Grinch
- -1 pair of Midas Slippers from Hellish Heels
- Welcome to—whoa, goddamn. Are you are fire? Hold on, let me put on some sun glasses. Ah, that’s better. Okay, welcome to Sinister Stitches. We rarely get weddings, so we were very excited to receive your dress order. I know you requested blue, gold, and green as your colors, but I simply couldn’t resist the opportunity that was presented. My dear friend, Elsa, recently came across some genuine phoenix feathers.
- We combined the feathers, three slices of Iduna’s apples, and a lock of hair from Apollo, and then shipped the ingredients to Rumpel. He agreed to spin a special inflammable thread called Torch Thread. No, it wasn’t very expensive. It was a nominal fee: someone’s firstborn. Oh, no. Not yours. Don’t be ridiculous, not one of ours either. We’ll make sure to send the bill to someone who deserves it.
- Anyways, some of that thread was blended with Sif’s hair to create a lovely flowing golden textile. The fabric will draw from your natural power and glow nearly as brightly as you do. For some added style, we went with a foxglove bell motif for the layered skirts. For that regal flare, we raised the empire waistline and tied some toga designs on the straps. We tried to give your skin as much breathing room as possible.
- We considered a bridal veil, but my sister, Astrid, assures me that such additions are unnecessary. She insists that having hair like Rapunzel is enough trouble without the addition of a cape. Instead, she’s provided an enchanted comb for the occasion. One tug through your tresses, and your hair should untangle and twist itself into a regal fish tail braid woven with orange blossoms.
- Here’s your bridal box. Inside you’ll find the enchanted comb, a pair of Hydra scale garters, a pair of Midas gold strappy sandals from Hellish Heels, and a bag of enchanted rice. Before I forget, the shoes are enchanted to leave a trail of white roses in your wake. (The roses are a pain to clean up. I don’t recommend wearing the shoes in the house.) And no, I have absolutely no idea what the rice does. Throw with caution.
- [X] Rockabilly Starlet: This is for the spoonfuls of sugar. The good-natured and naughty girl next door types. Candy is the business and fairy tales are ultimate. More often than not, her head is in the clouds and her nose in the book. Our dreamers.
Image Credit(s): rodjulian / 123RF Stock Photo