There is boutique hiding out between the fractured, narrow store-fronts lining New Gotham’s foggy docks. Huge bay side windows offer the passerby a mesmerizing view of the wares inside. The mannequins are stitched together from scraps of mismatched human skin, but you hardly notice the gore. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous dresses with big, sparkling bell skirts and gauzy tulle trains, the kind of gowns and garments that only fairy tale nobility would wear. Behind the antique register counter, you can make out the glittering impression of ruby red slippers, glass heels, and other magical shoes. You’re starting to wonder who owns this place.
Push open the store’s shabby front door and step lightly onto its waxy polished floors. You’re greeted by a bouquet of seductive scents: cedar musk, wood polish, and fresh lavender. You take a deep breath, and the smells warm you from the inside out. Trust you’re in good hands. The brochure stand near the front door is stocked with elegant parchment pamphlets. According to the literature, the witches who own this establishment are schooled in the ways of “fabric-bending” by the Needlewitches of old.
They’ve used this knowledge to create an entire line of clothing that all share the same basic design element: one-size fits all. Each garment will magically tailor itself to its wearer once worn. Of course, there might be some fine print or some “twirling” required, but a vampire’s steady hand should turn every wardrobe change into a stolen moment. Remember, Cinderella had mice–you have the Witches-Who-Stitch.
Please provide the witches with your name:
Please provide the witches with the following:
Hair Color: Blond
Hair Length: [X] Short and Sassy, [ ] Medium and Modern, [ ] Lush and Long
Eye Color: Deep blue
Skin Tone: [ ] Ghoulish, [ ] Snow White, [ ] Cina-baby, [ ] Mochalicious, [ ] Dark Chocolate, [X] Other: Sun-kissed
Please provide the witches with your measurements and body-type.
a.) Height: 5’8
b.) Body Type: [ ] Skeletal, [ ] Lean and Tender, [X] Lean and Tough, [ ] Ripe and Edible
Do you have any extra extremities? Place an “X” to all that apply.
[ ] Horns or [ ] Halo
[ ] 20 ft. of Hair or More
[ ] Gills and Fins or [ ] Hooves
[ ] Wings (Span: )
[ ] Tail (How many: )
How many heads do you have?
Er, just the one.
Do you have arms and legs? If so, how many?
A pair each. I got lucky. A lot of military men and women ship stateside missing arms and legs. And other things.
How dead are you?
[X] Living, [ ] Undead, [ ] Astral Form
Alive and kickin’ ass. Though, there are times when I feel halfway dead. I haven’t had a good night’s sleep in years.
What are you? (Species/Breed)
A breed apart. I’m a former Marine. Oorah!
What is the occasion? (Ideas include: Wedding, Funeral, Sabbath, etc. Oh, and seduction is a valid occasion. The more details, the better.)
I don’t know if I’d call it an occasion. I need something to wear to my new fake job. As a stripper. My jeans and combat boots won’t cut it on the pole. I’m getting intel on the Raptors, the outlaw motorcycle club who took my sister, Rose. Cowboy, a hot biker from a rival MC, is also looking into the Raptors and I wouldn’t hate making him go non-verbal with the wardrobe.
What’s the occasion setting? (Beach, haunted castle, grand ball, etc.)
The Pussycat Palace. Yes, that’s the really the name. Why didn’t they just call it Vagina Hut and be done with it?
Will you be running for your life at some point in the evening? (Helps with shoe selection.)
I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to haul ass out of there. Cowboy says I have a serious temper and a hair trigger. I’m just honest and don’t put up with douchebags. Unfortunately, the palace is chockfull of douches.
Will you be set on fire? Better yet, will you be setting other people on fire?
This “witch” thing is a marketing gimmick. Right? But to answer your question, my weapon of choice is a gun, not matches.
Will you be grave-robbing? (Dirt is a dressmaker’s tedium.)
Is your neck a dinner plate?
Definitely not. Wow. You all take marketing seriously. I wouldn’t mind if Cowboy gave me a hickey, but I draw the line at bloodletting.
Do you hope to be naked at some point in the evening? (All right, dirty birds. Such questions are actually intended toward the weres and shifters in regards to their transformations.)
Only nearly naked. It’s a strip joint. Show a little skin. Get a little info. But no fully monty.
Describe your last brush with Death in two sentences. (Helps us plan for the unexpected.)
A roadside bomb that I walked away from. Rest of my squad didn’t.
Do you need a secret compartment for weapons, wands, tampons, etc.?
Hell yes. That is a big wardrobe concern. Stripper wear can be on the skimpy side and I got a lot to conceal. My .38 special and a derringer. Not to mention my lock-picking kit. I have to be prepared to shoot down a biker trying to get a bit more than he paid for.
What are your three favorite colors?
Red. Black. Blue.
What two colors rattle your kettle?
Please pick a style that you feel embodies you the best. If none apply, feel free to surprise us by providing your own brilliant description in the “other” slot.
[ ] Rockabilly Starlet: This is for the spoonfuls of sugar. The good-natured and naughty girl next door types. Candy is the business and fairy tales are ultimate. More often than not, her head is in the clouds and her nose in the book. Our dreamers.
[X] Leather Queen: This is for the warrior princesses. The type of girls who give boys a run for their money. Their style is killer, their kisses are murder, and they wear their jeans a little tight just watch the vampires come undone. These are hands for fighting and these heels for ass-kickings. Our protectors.
[ ] Medieval Mistress: This is for the no-nonsense girls. The ones who always know better, because they’re ten steps ahead. They’re schemers—their minds are always working. They’re not anti-social, they’re selective. Our wisdom.
[ ] Gothic Dame: This for the mysteries. No one can figure this woman out. She’s a mixture, a melting pot of sugar and sinister. She might be Rockabilly Starlet one day, or a Medieval Mistress other days. Our sisters.
[ ] Other: _____________________
Who is your favorite fairy tale villain?
I don’t have a favorite. I am a heroic kind of girl.
If you could be any fairy tale princess, who would it be?
I have always been fond of Mulan. She is in the military and fights for her people. I can relate.
Now, tell us the twit you hate most.
The asshat who took my sister. I’m not sure who he is. But he just vaulted to the top of my shit list.
Anything else you’d like to add…
- -100 yards of Twisted Thread (Imported from Rumpel)
- -30 yards of Manticore Leather
- -10 yards of Standard Camouflage Polyester/Cotton Blend
- -10 yards of Standard Velvet
- -60 yards of Void Fabric
- -1 yard of Helsing Leather
- -15 Standard Gold Tassels
- -2 Ocean Pearl and Dorado Gold Epaulettes
- -20 Medium and Large Victorian Buttons
- -1 pair of Olympic Steel Gauntlets (Purchased from Bits and Pieces)
- -1 Pair of Sinister Stitches Velvet Boots w/ Neverland Gold Heels
- -1 Pair of Lace Panties (Purchased from Garters and Guns)
- Welcome to Sinister Stitches. It’s rare that we’re presented with a human client, so this was a refreshing change. Onward to business. This outfit is actually a three piece set. The vest is fashioned out of manticore leather and lined with standard velvet. The manticore leather has the added benefits of being both inflammable and bulletproof. The bustier and waistcoat were created from a standard camouflage polyester and cotton blend. The cotton should give you some breathability, and the polyester should help keep the outfit form fitting.
- As you mentioned the possibility of concealing weapons, I made sure to add Void pockets to the waistcoat, and there’s Helsing leather pistol holsters sewn into the vest’s lining. Each of the pockets should hold at least three sleeves of ammunition. Also, the outfit comes with matching bracers. They’re double lined to conceal Olympian steel cuffs. I’m not sure how much you know about supernatural armor, but Olympian steel is nearly indestructible, and invisible unless struck.
- My sister, Gillian, thought you needed a little more style, so she insisted on the addition of large Victorian buttons to the waistcoat and bracers. The epaulettes are constructed from ocean pearls set in Dorado gold. They were ungodly expensive, and we’re pretty sure they’re enchanted. What do they do? We have no idea. (Beware.) Here’s your gift box. Inside you’ll find a pair of lacey panties from Garters and Guns, a pair of fabulous Sinister Stitches boots, waterproof makeup, and pumice made out of mint and witch-hazel. (Great for sore feet.)
- Have a wonderful evening, and do be careful. The vampires are…awake.
- PS. The heels were fashioned with Neverland gold. (Makes a great stake.)
- [X] Leather Queen: This is for the warrior princesses. The type of girls who give boys a run for their money. Their style is killer, their kisses are murder, and they wear their jeans a little tight just watch the vampires come undone. These are hands for fighting and these heels for ass-kickings. Our protectors.
Image Credit(s): photovova / 123RF Stock Photo