There is boutique hiding out between the fractured, narrow store-fronts lining New Gotham’s foggy docks. Huge bay side windows offer the passerby a mesmerizing view of the wares inside. The mannequins are stitched together from scraps of mismatched human skin, but you hardly notice the gore. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous dresses with big, sparkling bell skirts and gauzy tulle trains, the kind of gowns and garments that only fairy tale nobility would wear. Behind the antique register counter, you can make out the glittering impression of ruby red slippers, glass heels, and other magical shoes. You’re starting to wonder who owns this place.
Push open the store’s shabby front door and step lightly onto its waxy polished floors. You’re greeted by a bouquet of seductive scents: cedar musk, wood polish, and fresh lavender. You take a deep breath, and the smells warm you from the inside out. Trust you’re in good hands. The brochure stand near the front door is stocked with elegant parchment pamphlets. According to the literature, the witches who own this establishment are schooled in the ways of “fabric-bending” by the Needlewitches of old.
They’ve used this knowledge to create an entire line of clothing that all share the same basic design element: one-size fits all. Each garment will magically tailor itself to its wearer once worn. Of course, there might be some fine print or some “twirling” required, but a vampire’s steady hand should turn every wardrobe change into a stolen moment. Remember, Cinderella had mice–you have the Witches-Who-Stitch.
Please provide the witches with your name:
Please provide the witches with the following:
Hair Color: Black with Purple Streaks
Hair Length: [ ] Short and Sassy, [ ] Medium and Modern, [X] Lush and Long
Eye Color: Glowing Lavender
Skin Tone: [ ] Ghoulish, [X] Snow White, [ ] Cina-baby, [ ] Mochalicious, [ ] Dark Chocolate,
[ ] Other:__________
Please provide the witches with your measurements and body-type.
a.) Height: I am a shape shifter, I can shift into whatever height I want. But I usually prefer 5’9’’
b.) Body Type: [ ] Skeletal, [ ] Lean and Tender, [X] Lean and Tough, [ ] Ripe and Edible
Do you have any extra extremities? Place an “X” to all that apply.
[ ] Horns or [ ] Halo
[ ] 20 ft. of Hair or More
[ ] Gills and Fins or [ ] Hooves
[ ] Wings (Span: )
[ ] Tail (How many: )
How many heads do you have?
Mostly just the one, though if my partner wants more, I can certainly do more. 😉
Do you have arms and legs? If so, how many?
Well, I have two arms and two legs, but one time a sex partner asked me to get rid of one of my legs, I did, but I didn’t really like it.
How dead are you?
[X] Living, [ ] Undead*, [ ] Astral Form *by marriage/bonding
What is the occasion? (Ideas include: Wedding, Funeral, Sabbath, etc. Oh, and seduction is a valid occasion. The more details, the better.)
Well, I plan to seduce my Priest. He’s a bit caged in you see, and I’m the demon of Lust, so things might get a little tricky. He tends to prefer my Victorian Goth clothes best. The Lolita top hat with fish netting in front, steampunk Victorian dress with fishnet stockings and garters beneath and in dark rich shades to contrast against my lily white skin.
What’s the occasion setting? (Beach, haunted castle, grand ball, etc.)
My harem, I’ve got a Moroccan theme going, but my Priest hates sharing, so I suppose it’ll be just he and I from now on.
Will you be running for your life at some point in the evening? (Helps with shoe selection.)
Honey, I can run in anything.
Will you be set on fire? Better yet, will you be setting other people on fire?
Hello, Demon. What do you think?
Will you be grave-robbing? (Dirt is a dressmaker’s tedium.)
Well, I have done it on occasion, though I do not like to disturb the dead.
Is your neck a dinner plate?
It can be, but only if you’re really, really good.
Do you hope to be naked at some point in the evening? (All right, dirty birds. Such questions are actually intended toward the weres and shifters in regards to their transformations.)
I’d much rather be naked, but like I said, my Priest is rather archaic when it comes to matters of dress.
Describe your last brush with Death in two sentences. (Helps us plan for the unexpected.)
A zombie Queen. Deep, underground in a lair full of weaponized anti-matter.
Do you need a secret compartment for weapons, wands, tampons, etc.?
I keep a knife fan tucked into my bodice, an ice pick in my hair, and a pocket knife shoved down my boot. At. All. Times.
What are your three favorite colors?
Crimson. Black. Nude.
What two colors rattle your kettle?
Silver. Don’t ask. It’s the only color that affects me
Please pick a style that you feel embodies you the best. If none apply, feel free to surprise us by providing your own brilliant description in the “other” slot.
[ ] Rockabilly Starlet: This is for the spoonfuls of sugar. The good-natured and naughty girl next door types. Candy is the business and fairy tales are ultimate. More often than not, her head is in the clouds and her nose in the book. Our dreamers.
[ ] Leather Queen: This is for the warrior princesses. The type of girls who give boys a run for their money. Their style is killer, their kisses are murder, and they wear their jeans a little tight just watch the vampires come undone. These are hands for fighting and these heels for ass-kickings. Our protectors.
[ ] Medieval Mistress: This is for the no-nonsense girls. The ones who always know better, because they’re ten steps ahead. They’re schemers—their minds are always working. They’re not anti-social, they’re selective. Our wisdom.
[X] Gothic Dame: This for the mysteries. No one can figure this woman out. She’s a mixture, a melting pot of sugar and sinister. She might be Rockabilly Starlet one day, or a Medieval Mistress other days. Our sisters.
[ ] Other: _____________________
Who is your favorite fairy tale villain?
The monster under the bed
If you could be any fairy tale princess, who would it be?
I don’t follow ladies, I lead.
Now, tell us the twit you hate most.
The Order. Especially Grace. She will burn and I will be the one to light the wick on fire.
Anything else you’d like to add…
You’d better not get it wrong, I’m very particular about my clothing. And I know where you live.
- -1000 yards of Twisted Thread (Imported from Rumpel)
- -200 yards of Sandplum Velvet (Blend of Damask flowers and Standard Velvet.)
- -2 Hamadryads (Killed, dried, and whittled to pieces.)
- -10 oz of Genuine Pixie Dust (Purchased from Baba Y.)
- -100 yards of Void fabric
- -30 yards of Standard Plum Velvet Trim
- -30 yards of Black and Gold Foil Trim
- -15 yards of Helsing Leather
- -1 Corset fashioned from Sacred Bull Bone
- -15 yards of Black Stardusted Satin (Imported from Avalon)
- -1 pair of Stardusted Stockings
- Get it wrong? As in, the dress? Are you...Do you know where you are? You know what? I can’t get into this right now. I’m double booked. (Again.) Let’s cut right to chase. Colors were especially important for this design. I took special care with finding the right shades of Damask roses: antique ruby, beast rose, and Persian plum. Once these petals were collected from all four corners of the Otherworld, I blended them with standard plum velvet to create a gorgeous brocaded medieval “houppeland.” Next, I sent Brenda to the forest for the perfect specimen of hamadryad. Its sandstorm bark was whittled to pieces, and ironed onto the velvet to create the silver and gold arboreal patterns.
- Aside from being absolutely gorgeous, once ironed with pixie dust, the sandstorm bark has the added bonus of being nearly indestructible. (Of course, it probably won’t survive a trip the nearest dry cleaners, but what does?)The dress is belted with Helsing leather slightly above the anatomical waistline, and I softened the overall look with soft, natural shoulder lines with a flat collar and elegant sleeves. Given your…occupation (and rather scandalous reputation), we decided against petticoats and provided you with a two sizeable Void pockets sewn into your skirts.
- You could be a walking arsenal and none would know the difference. Here’s your gift box. Inside, you’ll find a star-dusted corset, diamond patterned garters with matching stockings, and a box of “special” chocolates. We don’t recommend you eat the chocolates before midnight. No, I’m very serious. Don’t eat the chocolate before midnight. Or else. Huh? Yes, dear, the fan is free. Enjoy.
- [X] Gothic Dame: This for the mysteries. No one can figure this woman out. She’s a mixture, a melting pot of sugar and sinister. She might be Rockabilly Starlet one day, or a Medieval Mistress other days. Our sisters.
Image Credit(s): prometeus / 123RF Stock Photo