There is boutique hiding out between the fractured, narrow store-fronts lining New Gotham’s foggy docks. Huge bay side windows offer the passerby a mesmerizing view of the wares inside. The mannequins are stitched together from scraps of mismatched human skin, but you hardly notice the gore. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous dresses with big, sparkling bell skirts and gauzy tulle trains, the kind of gowns and garments that only fairy tale nobility would wear. Behind the antique register counter, you can make out the glittering impression of ruby red slippers, glass heels, and other magical shoes. You’re starting to wonder who owns this place.
Push open the store’s shabby front door and step lightly onto its waxy polished floors. You’re greeted by a bouquet of seductive scents: cedar musk, wood polish, and fresh lavender. You take a deep breath, and the smells warm you from the inside out. Trust you’re in good hands. The brochure stand near the front door is stocked with elegant parchment pamphlets. According to the literature, the witches who own this establishment are schooled in the ways of “fabric-bending” by the Needlewitches of old.
They’ve used this knowledge to create an entire line of clothing that all share the same basic design element: one-size fits all. Each garment will magically tailor itself to its wearer once worn. Of course, there might be some fine print or some “twirling” required, but a vampire’s steady hand should turn every wardrobe change into a stolen moment. Remember, Cinderella had mice–you have the Witches-Who-Stitch.
Please provide the witches with your name:
Please provide the witches with the following:
Hair Color: Multi-hued blonde
Hair Length: [ ] Short and Sassy, [ ] Medium and Modern, [X] Lush and Long
Eye Color: Fire opal
Skin Tone: [ ] Ghoulish, [ ] Snow White, [ ] Cina-baby, [ ] Mochalicious, [ ] Dark Chocolate,
[X] Other: Golden Bronze
Please provide the witches with your measurements and body-type.
a.) Height: 5’5”
b.) Body Type: [ ] Skeletal, [ ] Lean and Tender, [X] Lean and Tough, [ ] Ripe and Edible
Do you have any extra extremities? Place an “X” to all that apply.
[ ] Horns or [ ] Halo
[ ] 20 ft. of Hair or More
[ ] Gills and Fins or [ ] Hooves
[ ] Wings (Span: )
[ ] Tail (How many: )
How many heads do you have?
Only one normally.
Do you have arms and legs? If so, how many?
A pair of each, in human form.
How dead are you?
[X] Living, [ ] Undead, [ ] Astral Form
What are you? (Species/Breed)
What is the occasion? (Ideas include: Wedding, Funeral, Sabbath, etc. Oh, and seduction is a valid occasion. The more details, the better.)
A change, something new and seducing my Twin Flame. I wish for him to see what he turned his back on.
What’s the occasion setting? (Beach, haunted castle, grand ball, etc.)
Annual meeting of the High Council.
Will you be running for your life at some point in the evening? (Helps with shoe selection.)
Doubtful, I run from nothing and no one.
Will you be set on fire? Better yet, will you be setting other people on fire?
Highly unlikely, I may fry a certain annoying Delphian. I will not be on fire, he will be.
Will you be grave-robbing? (Dirt is a dressmaker’s tedium.)
I do not rob graves. Dirt is not something I aspire to tangle with. Blood, guts, and gore are all probable.
Is your neck a dinner plate?
No. My neck is served to one and I do not exist to him.
Do you hope to be naked at some point in the evening? (All right, dirty birds. Such questions are actually intended toward the weres and shifters in regards to their transformations.)
‘Tis possible, although highly unlikely.
Describe your last brush with Death in two sentences. (Helps us plan for the unexpected.)
A sword sliced through my sternum from the back, I cut its head off. I am a War Lord.
Do you need a secret compartment for weapons, wands, tampons, etc.?
Usually, blades are sheathed upon my body. I am attempting to appear more human. If I could easily reach those strapped to my thighs, and possibly forearms I will concede to your fashion sense.
What are your three favorite colors?
Red, black and silver.
What two colors rattle your kettle?
I assume you mean, annoy the hell out of me. In that case, yellow and green.
Please pick a style that you feel embodies you the best. If none apply, feel free to surprise us by providing your own brilliant description in the “other” slot.
[ ] Rockabilly Starlet: This is for the spoonfuls of sugar. The good-natured and naughty girl next door types. Candy is the business and fairy tales are ultimate. More often than not, her head is in the clouds and her nose in the book. Our dreamers.
[X] Leather Queen: This is for the warrior princesses. The type of girls who give boys a run for their money. Their style is killer, their kisses are murder, and they wear their jeans a little tight just watch the vampires come undone. These are hands for fighting and these heels for ass-kickings. Our protectors.
[ ] Medieval Mistress: This is for the no-nonsense girls. The ones who always know better, because they’re ten steps ahead. They’re schemers—their minds are always working. They’re not anti-social, they’re selective. Our wisdom.
[ ] Gothic Dame: This for the mysteries. No one can figure this woman out. She’s a mixture, a melting pot of sugar and sinister. She might be Rockabilly Starlet one day, or a Medieval Mistress other days. Our sisters.
[ ] Other: _____________________
Who is your favorite fairy tale villain?
Fairy tale villain? I watched something from Disney once, interesting. Cinderella’s stepmother.
If you could be any fairy tale princess, who would it be?
That is the opposite of above? Cinderella, similar to my childhood.
Now, tell us the twit you hate most.
I do not have time to hate another. Although, annoying would be the male who is supposed to be my divine mate. Does that count?
Anything else you’d like to add…
I am entrusting your establishment with my true identity, as you come highly recommended. Please, be discrete. Thank you.
- -1000 yards of Twisted Thread (Imported from Rumpel)
- -80 yards of Frost Drake Hide
- -80 yards of Standard Silk (For dress lining)
- -30 yards of Skyking Gauze (Imported from the Veil)
- -30 yards of Standard Avalon Snakeskin Trim
- -140 yards of Void Fabric
- -1 pair of Blue Garters w/ Blade Holsters and Matching Stardusted Stockings
- -1 pair of Olympic Steel Gauntlets (Purchased from Bits and Pieces)
- -1 Centaur Steel Tiara (Purchased from Bits and Pieces)
- -1 Pair of Sinister Stitches Drakesin Boots
- Welcome to Sinister Stitches. It’s been a long time since I worked the front of the store, so let’s keep things brief. I’m not exactly people friendly. As for your dress, this Avalon blue evening gown is what’s left from the frost drake I killed last week. As ice dragon scales are typically made from diamond-hard ice, the dress has the added benefit of being bulletproof and stain resistant. Blood will rinse off with absolutely no fuss.
- The halter neckline was designed to show off your lovely god stones, and the bust was fashioned with a lovely padded bra for extra support. The back slit in your skirts was added for freedom of movement, and I added a void pockets on either side for any weapons you might need to carry. The left pocket is large enough for a broadsword; the right pocket is slightly smaller and double-lined. (Useful for carrying artifacts.)
- These gauntlets were crafted from Olympus steel, which makes them nearly indestructible. Oh, and they’re invisible unless they’re struck. For an extra unearthly touch, my mother spun your sash out of Skyking gauze imported from Neverland. The fabric is naturally fused with microscopic sprites, and they’re responsible for making the textile look…alive. (We don’t recommend dry cleaning. Hand wash only.)
- Here’s your gift box. Inside you’ll find a gorgeous Centaur Silver tiara, a pair of comfortable stockings, and fabulous matching drakeskin boots. Thank you so much for thinking of our store, your grace. I look forward to hearing about your adventures soon. (PS. The tiara is edged with troll silver. Makes a great chakram in a pinch.)
- [X] Leather Queen: This is for the warrior princesses. The type of girls who give boys a run for their money. Their style is killer, their kisses are murder, and they wear their jeans a little tight just watch the vampires come undone. These are hands for fighting and these heels for ass-kickings. Our protectors.
Image Credit(s): calodapino